We have low cost scales for 4-H and other clubs and organizations. We have crates or chutes to contain animals on our Alley Weigh, Chute Weigh, and other Platform Scales. Or, you can mount your own crates and chutes on our scales.We have animal scales with or without chutes, indicator boxes, or wheels - buy only the pieces you need! We have large platform scales or motor truck scales to weigh entire herds. Some of our Weight Indicators have herd management software built-in. The Livestock Scales we sell and service are from quality conscious, ISO accredited, manufacturers.
The following is representative of what we offer. It is not exclusive. Please Contact Us with your requirements.
Click on the Manufacturer name below for their Livestock Scale family.
Livestock Scale Manufacturers
|Avery Weigh-Tronix Agricultural||Central City Scale||Tru-Test|
|Brecknell (previously Salter Brecknell)||Digi-Star||W W Paul Scales|
|Cardinal||Rice Lake Weighing Systems|
The Avery Weigh-Tronix patented (over 30 patents) Weigh BarTM. Avery Weigh-Tronix developed their Alley WeighTM first to weigh hogs in containment. That was so successful that they developed the Chute Weigh to weigh cattle and other animals. Both Weigh BarTM and Alley WeighTM are trademarked terms and other companies that use these to describe their products are in violation of the trademark and cause confusion in the marketplace.
There are a number of reasons why the Weigh BarTM is superior to competitive load cells.
1) They are 3X mechanically stronger which gives them longevity - they last longer before failure (weaker load cells are subject to fatigue just from normal use),
2) They have much higher overload protection than load cells (shock loading is one of the leading causes of load cell failure),
3) They have an aerospace-developed sealing agent which provides the ultimate protection against moisture and ensures long term durability in the harsh agricultural environment (moisture is also a leading cause of load cell failure),
4) The mounting arrangement prevents rocking, twisting, or torquing of the Weigh BarTM (the cheap Chinese shear beam load cells have two bolts holding them to the structural steel element - this mounting arrangement allows the mounting holes to egg out and the load cells to twist - it also allows the load cells to rock up and down - these cause extremely difficult weighing problems to trouble shoot, and
5) The cable is heavier gauge and better insulated to provide long term durability and prevent moisture from wicking up the cable into the Weigh BarTM.
The Chinese shear beam load cells used by our competitors were designed for use on Floor Scales in an indoor environment. They will work fine for one maybe two years then you will start to have problems. Some of these problems are very difficult to trouble shoot. You really do get what you pay for. The Avery Weigh-Tronix Chute Weigh was designed from the ground up to be an animal weighing scale in an outdoor agricultural environment. Avery Weigh-Tronix didn't get to be one of the oldest and largest scale manufacturers in the world by going cheap (www.agscales.com). They build a quality product that will last in the environment it was built for.
Central City Scale uses Avery Weigh-Tronix components (Weigh BarsTM and Weight Indicators) with their own fabrications to make a wide variety of animal weighing scales. Click here to view their catalog.
|The original Chute Weigh.
It's still the best quality scale available.